You don't have to be a millionaire to be sued like one
Learn how The Roe Agency can help protect you with a Personal Umbrella Policy (PUP).
For example, while driving home on a slippery road, your 17 year old son accidentally collides with the vehicle ahead of him. Or, a guest in your home slips and falls, seriously injuring her back.
A Personal Umbrella Policy (PUP) works with your existing liability coverage, providing additional protection. Additional benefits of a PUP:
- You won’t have to face court alone. If you’re sued over an incident covered under you personal umbrella policy, our carrier will retain and pay for an attorney to represent you in court.
- Your coverage goes with you everywhere. So, you’re covered not matter where you are, including outside of the U.S.
- Helps with gaps in your coverage. Homeowners and auto policies don’t cover certain types of incidents, like those alleging slander. But a personal umbrella policy helps provide protection for this kind of incident, as well as others.
- Our carrier pays on your behalf. In the event of a covered claim, you won’t have to pay out of your own pocket first and submit for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement for lost wages. You will be reimbursed for the wages lost for your absence from work for a court appearance, up to the limits specified for this benefit in the policy.
How to tell if a PUP may be right for you
Not everyone needs a personal umbrella policy. So how do you know if you do? It depends on what you need to help protect. Start by looking at your assets. What do you have to lose? A house, your savings, a boat? These things, and more, could be put at risk in a loss situation. A PUP can help you protect all of them.
Certain other factors in your life may also create a higher need for a PUP. If you have young drivers on you auto policy, for example, of if you volunteer within the community, you could bear some risk of liability.
Talk to your agent to learn more about what a PUP policy can do for you.
A coverage range to suit your needs
The Roe Agency offers a range of coverage amounts in $1 million increments. You may qualify for up to a maximum coverage amount of $5 million. Your agent can help you figure out how much coverage is right for your needs.