Your Home. Your World. Our Family.
Umbrella insurance covers you with additional protection in many situations. They include the following:
- Lawsuits such as slander or libel
- Injuries caused by pets
- Damage to other people’s property
- Liability while traveling
Umbrella insurance coverage is a great fit for anyone in danger of encountering a costly lawsuit. Umbrella coverage is also a great fit for anyone with significant assets they wish to protect. Assets may include a house, your savings, a boat, or young drivers on your auto policy, are a few things that could be put at risk in a loss situation.
You may wonder what level of umbrella insurance, or excess liability coverage, you need. Unfortunately, there is no one answer as individual assets differ. Your need for liability coverage depends on many factors. So, as always, it is best to consult with a knowledgeable umbrella insurance agent. We recommend an asset protection review with our financial specialist.
- If you were involved in an auto accident, and significantly injured someone else, your auto insurance would pay a maximum of $250,000 per person/ $500,000. You could be held legally liable for a judgment above that amount.
- Guest in your home slips and falls, seriously injuring his/her back. You could be held responsible for damages above the $300,000 limit.
- You are skiing on vacation and collide with another, causing significant injury to another person.
- You are sued for personal injury (libel, slander, etc.), not covered under the homeowners insurance policy
The Personal Umbrella Policy (“PUP”) works with your existing liability coverage, providing additional protection if your legal liability exceeds the limit on your home or auto insurance policies (protecting your assets, homes, retirement, savings, etc.).
Your current liability limits for the homeowners insurance ($300,000) and auto insurance ($250,000 per person/ $500,000 per accident).
- If you are sued over an incident covered under the PUP, your insurance will retain and pay for an attorney to represent you.
- The coverage goes anywhere in the world, including outside the U.S.
- Helps with gaps in coverage
- The Roe Agency offers a range of coverage in $1M increments up to $5M, to protect your assets
The Roe Agency Insurance Difference
With an insurance policy from The Roe Agency, you get great protection and expert support from agents. The Roe Agency goes the extra mile to provide innovative yet simple solutions that help you with your specific needs.
The Roe Agency offers personalized choices and features not typically found in standard policies.